Final Score of Matrix Revolutions

edited September 2012 in The Matrix Revolutions
So, after years I have watched Matrix Revolutions again. At the end of the movie I was baffled to hear a furious musical finale composed of old Vedic mantras, that I've grown familiar with over the last couple years. I know, these movies have been analyzed for their philosophical and spiritual meaning up and down all over these forums. But I wonder if this has ever been noted.
I find it a nice touch worth mentioning.

I could single out two mantras from this wild composition:

asato ma sadgamaya
tamaso ma jyotirgamaya
mrtyorma amrtam gamaya
(this is from the Brhadaranyaka Upanishad — I.iii.28)

Its meaning goes along the following lines: Lead us from the untrue to the one and final Truth, from darkness to light, from death to immortality.

The second mantra I could pick out is the Gayatri mantra, which I believe is quite popular among spiritual people in the west these days:

oṃ bhūr bhuvaḥ svaḥ
tát savitúr váreniyaṃ
bhárgo devásya dhīmahi
dhíyo yó naḥ pracodáyāt

A translation could go like this: We meditate upon the radiant Divine Light, the Primordial Source of the three worlds: earth, space and heavenly spheres. May this highest Divine Source awaken us to our highest Truth.

Well, no better finish could have been picked to this trilogy that revolves so much around the search for what is real, what is ultimately true. I don't know if these movies have helped spawn a real spiritual search in other people, be it for few or for many. For me they were part of the beginning of my own journey towards truth. And somehow it delights me to find this nice treat at the ending of Revolutions now, to realize now that it was there long before I knew its meaning. It's like a hint that the path has been carefully chosen from the beginning and it will inevitably lead to its fulfillment.

Sorry if this sounds a bit loony to some. I guess it would. Perhaps some will appreciate that this was shared here.